Sunday, May 6, 2007

First and hopefully not the last

Alright so this is my first post and I hope that I will gain some regulars visiting. I'm going to start with regular pictures and then move onto a weekly HDR. Just in case you don't know what HDR is, here's a run down. HDR (High Dynamic Range) is a process in which you merge 3 or more different images together that have a unique exposure setting. Usually this exposure setting is done by bracketing on your camera or can also be done manually by adjusting the exposure manually, not preferred by any just b/c it might slightly move your image around, which is a bad thing. In any case bracketing can be done with all SLR's and DigitalSLR's, which I am currently using (Canon 20D), and in some cases like my old Panasonic point-and-shoot (DMC - LC33) also has bracketing. Bracketing is just a fancy word for 3 different pictures which have different exposure settings which is changed by the shutter speed, this is usually done in increments of 1/3's. So now that I have explained how the pictures are taken, I will move onto making them HDR images. Well that's simple just send all 3 images into Photomatrix Pro. And ka-blam-O! You're done. What Photomatrix does to the pictures is that it takes the Low dynamics of the 3 pictures, the High dynamics and then merges them all together to give the computer an idea of what colors it can blend to make the perfect color. After that you have your picture. Yay. So here's my first picture following this post.

No comments: